Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Band Camp

On the way home from work today I watched marching band practice. The leaders pushed, the kids responded, and the field was a mass of color and noise flowing into patterns. It inspired me and made me think, “There is hope.” Mostly because I feel we don’t ask enough from today’s youth, don’t give enough either. Sure, we give “freedom” and material goods and individuality, but what about our time? Our dependability? What about teaching kids to live as a team? Band camp gives me hope because I know that when kids are pursued by Christ followers, and when they decide to become true disciples themselves, there will be no stopping the Word of God. God is raising up an army of youth. He will raise us up if we simply take His hand, get to our feet, and start marching, too. Awesome.

0 musings: