Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beans


Tonight, my roommate made burritos. She grabbed a can of refried beans out of the cupboard, some salad mixin's out of the the fridge, and a can of olives out of...somewhere.
The olives were ginormous. She offered me one, but I was incredibly full of my own burritos.
Then, as she started making her last burrito, she noticed her beans smelled a little iffy.
"These smell kind of weird," she said. Her nose wrinkled and her eyebrows drew down close together, huddling.
"They should be ok. They haven't been opened, right?" I asked her.
"No," she said.
Then I thought of something...
"Are those vegetarian?"
My roommate looked at me, then back at the can of beans, turning it around to see the label.
"No..."
(gasp)
(giggles)
"I'm a porker!" she said, mouth open in horror. "I'm a lard lover!"

3 musings:

Nikki said...

just wanted to stop in and say hello! you're awesome! i miss you! lots of hugs!

Nikki said...

hey you, are you going to be at LLC this year??!?!?! I REALLY REALLY WANT YOU TO BE!!! SAY YES!!!
love you lots!

Nikki said...

well, first off, to make this whole communication thing much easier, u can email me cause this is really a pain to come here and comment. (luvrgirl91@gmail.com)
I will be at camp all summer this summer, i'm working kitchen staff as it's pretty much the only thing i'm qualified for. :(( :)) but it's ok because i'll still be able to share time with God and hang out with a bunch of campers and go to worship and all. :)) You definitely SHOULD come up for a visit on a weekend if at all possible. I'd be floating in air from happiness if you could make that happen! I'd be a bottle of joy just exploading all over the place! Probably not that dramatic but you get the point. :))
lots of love! i'm off to class!