Saturday, November 18, 2006

Disappearance



It's Saturday night. My Big Fat Greek Union is probably full swing in the gym. The VonTrapp family singers are performing in Omaha. Numerous movies are being watched. And I am doing laundry.

I haven't figured out why.

On the way to Wilderness Park this afternoon, I asked myself what has changed. Where am I? Or, where has my sophomore self gone?

I used to come up with things to do with other people. Now, I end up driving to the library alone, walking by myself at the park, or (horrors) doing laundry on a Saturday night.

I like solitude. But when did I lose the desire to be part of a group? I miss it. I want it back. But I don't want it back without first realizing what's happened.

3 musings:

Peter said...

remember, clean clothing it not necessarily essential for one to bask in enjoyment (ah, camp memories...). my conclusion is this:
a) you are obsessively clean, and/or
b) you are no longer single

i was thinking about you last night, mi hermana! you were in a dream: a lifeguard, or so i recall.

Nikki said...

hey!!! yea i slept in for two days in a row! didnt get up until after noon!!! yea shoot me some mail! luvrgirl91@hotmail.com i'm on the clock right now at my cousins house. and my computer is busted. :(( love you lots and lots!
nik

j.tome said...

aw i miss you guys. and pedro, mi hermano, you've got some wisdom there. lol b) is the better guess though.